Part-Time Audiovisual Assistant
Assist the Audiovisual Technician in the Museum auditorium with film, music, and lecture programming.
This is a part-time position requiring evening and weekend work for 7–14 hours per week; scheduled days will vary. Availability on Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday—some evenings required.
Responsibilities of the job:
- Fill in for Auditorium Audiovisual Technician 2 days per week
- Assist with running weekend feature film program
- Assist with running lecture presentations for Museum programming and rental clients
- Assist local arts organizations (music, dance, theater) with the technical aspects of performances
- Assist in setting up for events, which may require lifting speakers, chairs, tables, etc.
- Perform some ticketing and ushering as needed
Qualifications for the position:
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, with a friendly, personable manner
- Good verbal communications skills
- A neat, clean appearance
- Able to lift PA speakers, chairs, tables, etc. as part of setup for events
- Radio/TV/Film degree helpful
- Experience with live sound engineering, cinema operations, and IT work
- Film handling experience is preferred
- Experience as a theater tech is preferred
- Dependability and punctuality are essential for this position
The Museum offers competitive compensation and a good working environment.
The Modern Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, age, or genetics in employment, admission, access, programs, or activities.