Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
The Modern Shop is searching for an upbeat, dependable, and detail-oriented person to join our team of sales associates.
- Weekend availability with a weekly average of 25 hours
- Flexibility to work special events and increased hours during busy seasons.
- Recent customer service experience, including handling payment transactions. Minimum 1 year.
- Basic computer knowledge required, experience with Point of Sale software is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about Modern and Contemporary Art.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 15 or more pounds.
- Bilingual is an advantage but not required.
A typical day in the Modern Shop begins with restocking and organizing the store. The majority of the day is spent engaged in one-on-one conversation with our customers. This includes but is not limited to greeting and answering questions, helping to find and wrap gifts, and handling all payment transactions. Being knowledgeable about museum programs, member benefits and exhibition info is a must. Throughout the day all staff work together to keep the store restocked, tidy and aesthetically pleasing. End of day closing procedure requires counting of the drawer, end of day reporting and deposits, and turning off all electronics and lights.