Part-Time Information Desk Associate
The Modern is seeking an individual to work approximately 14 hours per week and be available to work as needed Thursdays and Sundays from 9:45 am to 5:15 pm, plus other days as needed and if available. Responsibilities include providing exceptional service while selling gallery admissions and movie/special event tickets, promoting and selling Museum memberships, and answering questions about Museum programs and services, plus balancing incoming money and preparing revenue, admissions, and movie ticketing reports.
Position requires high school degree, with college helpful; excellent visitor service and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, patience, and ability to work well with a wide variety of people; proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to learn new software systems; ability to speak Spanish is helpful; and some knowledge of modern art is helpful.
To apply, please complete an application by using the link below or by coming to the Museum’s information desk, 3200 Darnell St., Fort Worth, TX 76107, when the Museum’s galleries are open.
Audio Visual Assistant
Assists the Audio Visual Technician in the Museum auditorium with film, music, and lecture programming.
- Evening and weekend work required
- Position will be part-time, 7-14 hours, scheduled days will vary. Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday.
Responsibilities of the job:
- Fill in for Auditorium Audio Visual Technician 2 days a week.
- Assist with running weekend feature film program.
- Assist with running lecture presentations for museum programming and rental clients.
- Assist local arts organizations (music, dance, theater) with the technical aspects of putting on a performance.
- Able to lift PA speakers, chairs, tables, etc. as part of setup for events.
- Some ticket taking and ushering.
Qualifications for the position:
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, with a friendly, personable manner
- Good verbal communication skills
- A neat, clean appearance
- 2 to 3 years work experience required
- RTVF degree helpful
- Experience with live sound engineering, cinema operations, and IT work
- Film handling experience is preferred
- Experience as a theater tech is preferred
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, age, or genetics in employment, admission, access, programs or activities.
Jobs Available at Cafe Modern, Bon Appetit Management Co.
For other Cafe Modern opportunities:
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.