Part Time Museum Store Sales Associate
To assist in the daily operations of the Museum Store by providing excellent customer service and sales assistance to customers, maintaining an attractive, organized, clean store environment, being knowledgeable of store inventory and notifying management of inventory needs, restocking products, assisting with back stock, gift wrapping, etc.
Position requires availability to work up to 21 hours per week - 2 to 3 days on weekdays (Tuesdays – Fridays) and availability to work either Saturday or Sunday as needed each weekend.
- Prior retail sales experience highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High school degree with some college helpful.
- Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
- Understanding and ability to proficiently use POS (Point of Sale) software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to stand for 7 or more hours per day.
- Ability to lift 12 lb. cartons.
- Ability to work successively in a team environment.
Position provides competitive compensation with paid lunches and an excellent work environment.
Please complete the online application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio Visual Assistant
Assists the Audio Visual Technician in the Museum auditorium with film, music, and lecture programming.
Evening and weekend work requiredPosition will be part-time, 7-14 hours, scheduled days will vary.
Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday.
Responsibilities of the job:
- Fill in for Auditorium Audio Visual Technician 2 days a week.
- Assist with running weekend feature film program.
- Assist with running lecture presentations for museum programming and rental clients.
- Assist local arts organizations (music, dance, theater) with the technical aspects of putting on a performance.
- Able to lift PA speakers, chairs, tables, etc. as part of setup for events.
- Some ticket taking and ushering.
Qualifications for the position:
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, with a friendly, personable manner
- Good verbal communication skills
- A neat, clean appearance
- 2 to 3 years work experience required
- RTVF degree helpful
- Experience with live sound engineering, cinema operations, and IT work
- Film handling experience is preferred
- Experience as a theater tech is preferred
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, age, or genetics in employment, admission, access, programs or activities.
Jobs Available at Cafe Modern, Bon Appetit Management Co.
Click here to find out more and apply.
For other Cafe Modern opportunities:
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.