Museum Store Retail Floor Manager
Job Title/Classification: Retail Floor Manager
Full-TimeHourly Paid / 35 hours per week
Reports to: Retail Manager
Objective: To provide friendly and knowledgeable customer service to visitors of Museum Store Retail department through product information and sales assistance. Responsible for opening and closing when the store manager and assistant manager are not present. Responsibilities include sales associate and assistant manager level functions. Must be able to take charge of the store when necessary.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent, 2-4 years of related experience plus knowledge of commonly-used retail concepts, practices, and procedures. Proficiency with point of sale software is required. Some knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is helpful. Good customer service skills and the ability to work within a team are required.
Scope: This is a full time position, regularly scheduled to work Tuesday thru Saturday with other occasional weekends and late nights required.
- Greet customers and offer product information as needed.
- Ring up sales, gift wrap purchases.
- Do end of day till balance.
- Follow through on any phone call customer service needs.
- Restock store shelves.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment/sales floor.
- Check in merchandise as it comes in.
- Organize newly received merchandise and back stock in warehouse and receiving area.
- Price merchandise and prepare it for the floor.
- Notify buyer of inventory needs.
- Stay up to date on museum related events to better assist visitors of the museum.
- Some reporting using Point of Sales system required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Some lifting, stooping and bending is required to check in merchandise and assist on sales floor.
- Basic math skills are required.
- College degree helpful.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Museum’s mission and collection.
- Physical ability to operate phone, computer, fax and other basic office equipment.
The Museum provides competitive compensation and paid lunch time, a full benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, a 401K Plan and an excellent working environment.
To apply send background information to email@example.com or complete an employment application which is available at the Museum’s Information Desk during the Museum’s regular hours 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs Available at Cafe Modern, Bon Appetit Management Co.
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.