- Friday August 14, 2015 6:00 PM
- Friday August 14, 2015 8:00 PM
- Saturday August 15, 2015 5:00 PM
- Sunday August 16, 2015 12:00 PM
- Sunday August 16, 2015 2:00 PM
- Sunday August 16, 2015 4:00 PM
Friday 6 and 8 pm; Saturday 5 pm; Sunday noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm
“Ken Loach has taken a despicable episode of modern Irish history—the 1933 deportation without trial of one of its own citizens, James Gralton—and made a surprisingly lovely, heartfelt film from it with Jimmy's Hall.” Scott Foundas, Variety. In 1921, Jimmy Gralton's sin was to build a dance hall on a rural crossroads in Ireland, where young people could come to learn, argue, and dream, but above all to dance and have fun.
109 minutes; PG-13
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $9; $7 for Modern members; $6 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.