Scope of Position:
Building (2002): 150,000 feet including forty foot high glass walls and ceilings.
Grounds: 11 naturally landscaped acres including a 660,000 gallon reflecting pool
Maintenance staff consists of three full-time Maintenance Technicians.
Periodic weekend and evening work required.
Basic Purpose of the Position:
Performs maintenance functions to assure that the daily and periodic maintenance of the Museum building, grounds and mechanical equipment and systems is properly completed on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Maintains and repairs as necessary the interior and exterior areas of the building. This includes, but is not limited to:minor electrical and minor lighting repair and replacements
- plumbing repairs
- grounds and irrigation maintenance.
- reflecting pool maintenance
- Checks the building mechanical systems and equipment on an on-going basis and keeps appropriate records. Performs preventive maintenance of mechanical systems as appropriate. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of mechanical, electrical and other systems.
- Participants in and may individually conduct regular inspections of the Museum building and grounds and makes recommendations to the Facilities Manager for improvements and repairs as appropriate.
- Works closely with other Museum departments to provide appropriate setups for programs, meetings special events, building rentals, and other functions on Museum property.
- May periodically work after hours to respond to emergency calls.
- Works cooperatively with other maintenance staff and Facilities Manager to stay alert to issues that may need attention and to assure that work is completed in a high quality and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as requested to support the effective operation of the Museum’s Facilities Department.
- High school degree required. An associate college degree or some college preferred.
- Four to five years of progressively responsible experience in facilities maintenance including knowledge of building, equipment, procedures, and practices used to maintain buildings and grounds especially experience in commercial HVAC.
- Knowledge and ability to review and analyze mechanical and systems issues and make recommendations for solutions to Facilities Manager.
- Initiative to complete projects and work without constant supervision.
- Ability to maintain cooperative and pleasant work relationships with fellow employees and others. Ability to successfully work independently or as a team member.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the safety and security procedures necessary to protect personnel, visitors, and the building and grounds.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs and ladders through the facility for extended periods of time on any workday.
- Heavy lifting, pulling and pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching stooping, crawling, and crouching.
- General knowledge and skills in the use of hand and power tools.
- Position requires motor coordination skills, and coordination of eyes, hands and feet.
- Speaking and listening, concentration skills, verbal and numerical intelligence.
To apply: Please submit resume information to our online application here.
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth 3200 Darnell Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, age, or genetics in employment, admission, access, programs or activities.
For Cafe Modern opportunities:
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.