- Friday January 11, 2019 3:30 PM
- Friday January 11, 2019 6:00 PM
- Friday January 11, 2019 8:30 PM
- Saturday January 12, 2019 5:00 PM
- Sunday January 13, 2019 11:30 PM
- Sunday January 13, 2019 2:00 PM
- Sunday January 13, 2019 4:30 PM
"Legendary documentarian [Frederick Wiseman] turns his camera on a pro-gun, pro-God Midwestern town and gives us a snapshot of 2018 Americana." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone. Acclaimed documentarian Frederick Wiseman's Monrovia, Indiana explores the unique and important contributions small towns make to American character and culture, in addition to providing most of our food, raw materials, and drinking water. The film also illuminates conflicting stereotypes and illustrates how values like community service, duty, spiritual life, generosity, and authenticity are formed and experienced.
NR; 143 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.