Salvatore: Shoemaker of Dreams
- Friday November 25, 2022 3:45 PM
- Friday November 25, 2022 6:00 PM
- Friday November 25, 2022 8:15 PM
- Saturday November 26, 2022 5:00 PM
- Sunday November 27, 2022 11:45 AM
- Sunday November 27, 2022 2:00 PM
- Sunday November 27, 2022 4:15 PM
In the early 20th century, impoverished teenage Italian cobbler Salvatore Ferragamo sailed from Naples to America to seek a better life. He settled in Southern California and became Hollywood's go-to shoemaker during the silent era. In 1927, he returned to Italy and founded, in Florence, his namesake luxury brand. This feature-length documentary recounts his adventures.
PG; 120 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Friend-level Modern members; $7 for Associate-level Modern members and above. The Sunday noon showtime is half price. Click here for information about the special benefits of joining Reel People, a membership add-on for film enthusiasts.