- Friday January 18, 2019 3:45 PM
- Friday January 18, 2019 6:00 PM
- Friday January 18, 2019 8:15 PM
- Saturday January 19, 2019 5:00 PM
- Sunday January 20, 2019 11:45 AM
- Sunday January 20, 2019 2:00 PM
- Sunday January 20, 2019 4:15 PM
"A compact masterpiece about a scruffy family that isn't what it seems, and love that's the real thing."
Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal. A Japanese couple stuck with part-time jobs and inadequate incomes avail themselves of the fruits of shoplifting to make ends meet, yet manage to take in a child they find on the street.
R; 121 minutes; Japanese with English subtitles
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.