The Woman Who Loves Giraffes
- Friday February 21, 2020 4:00 PM
- Friday February 21, 2020 6:00 PM
- Friday February 21, 2020 8:00 PM
- Saturday February 22, 2020 5:00 PM
- Sunday February 23, 2020 12:00 PM
- Sunday February 23, 2020 2:00 PM
- Sunday February 23, 2020 4:00 PM
“Despite some grim ecological statistics and a conservationist message, the movie is so inspirational it feels like the sort of old-fashioned family film that can now be excavated on Disney+.” Elizabeth Weitzman, The Wrap. In 1956, four years before Jane Goodall ventured into the world of chimpanzees and seven years before Dian Fossey left to work with mountain gorillas, 23-year-old biologist Anne Innis Dagg made an unprecedented solo journey to South Africa to study giraffes in the wild. In The Woman Who Loves Giraffes, Anne (now 85) retraces her steps with letters and stunning, original 16 mm film footage.
NR; 83 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.