Part-Time Gallery and Visitor Services Assistant
Visitor Services and Gallery Assistant I
This position reports to the Visitor Services Manager. Employees in this position use questions, conversations and factual content to engage visitors in positive meaningful and relevant exploration of the Museum’s collection, special exhibits and architecture while also maintaining excellent customer service for museum visitors at the admissions desk.
Information about the position:
Evening and weekend work is necessary
This position is Part-Time, 20-29 hours a week.
• Provide exceptional customer service to museum guests in a friendly and welcoming manor.
• Provide accurate information about upcoming museum events and programs
• Accurately handle ticketing to museum events and admission, using the museum’s point of sale system
• Promote and sell new and renewing memberships accurately using the museums point of sale system
• Provide member maintenance and updating
• Provide exceptional service to members and donors in assisting with questions, problems, projects, and assistance as required by the membership and development department
• Answer and direct phone calls as the primary telephone operator during business hours
• Rotate into the galleries on regular shifts to assist visitors in engaging with the artwork by utilizing questions and conversations as directed by the Education staff
• Maintain a basic understanding of the artwork on view, including permanent collection and special exhibitions
• Attend or review lectures, classes, readings, and training pertaining to exhibitions or installations in the galleries
• Assist and greet staff guests arriving at the museum and represent all departments professionally
• Document interactions in the galleries
• Have knowledge and awareness of events, exhibitions, and other attractions/lodging/dining in the area to assist guests as requested
• Maintain a clean and professional work environment at the admissions desk
• Attend additional training regarding job duties provided by the museum
• Perform other duties and may assist in other areas as requested
Qualifications for the Position:
- College level Art History or Studio Art education or relevant experience/interest.
- A minimum of one to two years prior customer service work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills with a friendly, personable manner with respect for all individual’s points of view.
- Ability to foster visitors’ engagement and understanding of the art.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Ability to learn, retain and effectively communicate information about the Museum’s permanent collection, special exhibits, artists, art theories and movements.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with cash handling and computer point of sale systems.
- A neat, clean appearance.
The Modern offers competitive compensation, paid lunch, and an excellent work environment.
External applicants should submit an application at: https://mamfw.formstack.com/forms/employment_applications or apply in person at the Museum’s information desk, Tuesday through Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm.
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
3200 Darnell St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107