- Friday November 18, 2022 4:00 PM
- Friday November 18, 2022 6:00 PM
- Friday November 18, 2022 8:00 PM
- Saturday November 19, 2022 5:00 PM
- Sunday November 20, 2022 12:00 PM
- Sunday November 20, 2022 2:00 PM
- Sunday November 20, 2022 4:00 PM
At a fading vacation resort, 11-year-old Sophie treasures rare time together with her loving and idealistic father, Calum (Paul Mescal). As a world of adolescence creeps into view, beyond her eye Calum struggles under the weight of life outside of fatherhood. Twenty years later, Sophie's tender recollections of their last holiday become a powerful and heartrending portrait of their relationship, as she tries to reconcile the father she knew with the man she didn't, in Charlotte Wells' superb and searingly emotional debut.
R; 101 minutes.
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Friend-level Modern members; $7 for Associate-level Modern members and above. The Sunday noon showtime is half price. Click here for information about the special benefits of joining Reel People, a membership add-on for film enthusiasts.