Beatriz at Dinner
- Friday August 11, 2017 4:00 PM
- Friday August 11, 2017 6:00 PM
- Friday August 11, 2017 8:00 PM
- Saturday August 12, 2017 5:00 PM
- Sunday August 13, 2017 12:00 PM
- Sunday August 13, 2017 2:00 PM
- Sunday August 13, 2017 4:00 PM
“Hayek gives one of her better performances, though - she makes it clear that Beatriz may be righteous, but she's also more than a bit unhinged - and Lithgow is so good at playing CEO oiliness that you have to smile. He's the man you love to hate.” Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor.
Beatriz (Salma Hayek), an immigrant from a poor town in Mexico, has drawn on her innate kindness to build a career as a health practitioner in Los Angeles. Doug Strutt (John Lithgow) is a cutthroat, self-satisfied billionaire. When these two opposites meet at a dinner party, their worlds collide and neither will ever be the same.
R; 83 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $9; $7 for Modern members; $6 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.