- Friday December 11, 2020 4:30 PM
- Friday December 11, 2020 7:30 PM
- Saturday December 12, 2020 5:00 PM
- Sunday December 13, 2020 12:00 PM
- Sunday December 13, 2020 3:00 PM
In 1971, journalist Linda Lipnack Kuehl set out to write the definitive biography of Billie Holiday. Over eight years, she tracked down and tape-recorded more than 200 hours of interviews with the extraordinary characters that populated the iconic singer's short, tumultuous life. However, Kuehl’s book was never finished and the tapes never heard—until now.
NR; 96 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon showtime is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show. Click here for information about the special benefits of joining Reel People, a membership add-on for film enthusiasts.
Know Before You Go
• Masks or face coverings are required inside the Modern and must be worn at all times in the auditorium during the screening. No exceptions.
• Seats in the auditorium will be spaced to maintain social distancing for the safety of you and the other patrons.
Please leave exactly 3 seats between parties.
• Please do not come into the building if you are experiencing any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, or if you are experiencing a health condition that prevents you from wearing a mask.
• Please practice social distancing when you are in the museum and auditorium and follow any instructions from museum staff. Entering and exiting will be controlled.
• Please take advantage of the wall-mounted touchless hand sanitizer dispensers located in all restrooms and the freestanding dispensers located throughout the building.
• No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
• Café Modern is temporarily closed.