- Friday May 07, 2021 4:30 PM
- Friday May 07, 2021 7:30 PM
- Saturday May 08, 2021 5:00 PM
- Sunday May 09, 2021 12:00 PM
- Sunday May 09, 2021 3:00 PM
Experiential cinema in its purest form, Gunda chronicles the unfiltered lives of a mother pig, a flock of chickens, and a herd of cows with masterful intimacy. Using stark, transcendent black-and-white cinematography and the farm's ambient soundtrack, master director Viktor Kossakovsky invites the audience to slow down and experience life as his subjects do, taking in their world with a magical patience and an other-worldly perspective. Gunda asks us to meditate on the mystery of animal consciousness and reckon with the role humanity plays in it.
G; 93 minutes
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon showtime is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show. Click here for information about the special benefits of joining Reel People, a membership add-on for film enthusiasts.
Know Before You Go
• Masks or face coverings are required inside the Modern and must be worn at all times in the auditorium during the screening. No exceptions.
• Seats in the auditorium will be spaced to maintain social distancing for the safety of you and the other patrons.
• Please leave exactly 2 seats between parties.
• Please do not come into the building if you are experiencing any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, or if you are experiencing a health condition that prevents you from wearing a mask.
• Please practice social distancing when you are in the museum and auditorium and follow any instructions from museum staff. Entering and exiting will be controlled.
• Please take advantage of the wall-mounted touchless hand sanitizer dispensers located in all restrooms and the freestanding dispensers located throughout the building.
• No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
• Café Modern is temporarily closed.