- Friday February 14, 2020 3:30 PM
- Friday February 14, 2020 6:00 PM
- Friday February 14, 2020 8:30 PM
- Saturday February 15, 2020 5:00 PM
- Sunday February 16, 2020 11:30 PM
- Sunday February 16, 2020 2:00 PM
- Sunday February 16, 2020 4:30 PM
“It's a drama of resilient women, thoughtless men and crushingly unrealized dreams, told with supple grace, deep feeling and an empathy that extends in every direction.“ Justin Chang, Los Angeles Times. Rio de Janeiro, 1950. Two inseparable sisters living at home with their conservative parents are separated by their father and forced to live apart. They take control of their individual destinies, while never giving up hope of finding each other. This tropical melodrama is from the director of Madame Satã.
141 minutes; R (for strong sexual content/graphic nudity and some drug use); Portuguese with English subtitles
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.