Oscar-Nominated Short Films
- Friday April 09, 2021 4:30 PM
- Friday April 09, 2021 7:30 PM
- Saturday April 10, 2021 5:00 PM
- Sunday April 11, 2021 12:00 PM
- Sunday April 11, 2021 3:00 PM
- Friday April 16, 2021 4:30 PM
- Friday April 16, 2021 7:30 PM
- Saturday April 17, 2021 5:00 PM
- Sunday April 18, 2021 12:00 PM
- Sunday April 18, 2021 3:00 PM
For the 16th consecutive year, Shorts HD and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films. With all three categories offered—Animated, Live Action, and Documentary—this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! Don’t miss this perennial hit with audiences around the country and world. The Academy Awards take place Sunday, April 25.
Friday, April 9 & 16 4:30 PM ANIMATED SHORTS
7:30 PM LIVE ACTION SHORTS
Saturday, April 10 & 17 5:00 PM ANIMATED SHORTS
Sunday, April 11 &18 Noon ANIMATED SHORTS
3:00 PM LIVE ACTION SHORTS
Animated Shorts (94 minutes)
Burrow – Madeline Sharafian and Michael Capbarat (USA, 6 minutes)
Genius Loci – Adrien Mérigeau and Amaury Ovise (France, 16 minutes)
If Anything Happens I Love You – Will McCormack and Michael Govier (USA, 12 minutes)
Opera – Erick Oh (USA, 9 minutes)
Yes-People – Gísli Darri Halldórsson and Arnar Gunnarsson (Iceland, 8 minutes)
plus a selection of additional animated shorts
The Snail and the Whale (UK/Germany, 26 minutes)
Kapaemahu (USA, 7 minutes)
To Gerard (USA, 8 minutes)
Live Action Shorts (125 minutes)
Feeling Through – Doug Roland and Susan Ruzenski (USA, 19 minutes)
The Letter Room – Elvira Lind and Sofia Sondervan (USA, 33 minutes)
The Present – Farah Nabulsi (Palestine, 25 minutes)
Two Distant Strangers – Travon Free and Martin Desmond Roe (USA, 25 minutes)
White Eye – Tomer Shushan and Shira Hochman (Israel, 21 minutes)
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $10; $8 for Modern members; $7 for Reel People. The Sunday noon showtime is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show. Click here for information about the special benefits of joining Reel People, a membership add-on for film enthusiasts.
Know Before You Go
• Masks or face coverings are required inside the Modern and must be worn at all times in the auditorium during the screening. No exceptions.
• Seats in the auditorium will be spaced to maintain social distancing for the safety of you and the other patrons.
Please leave exactly 2 seats between parties.
• Please do not come into the building if you are experiencing any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, or if you are experiencing a health condition that prevents you from wearing a mask.
• Please practice social distancing when you are in the museum and auditorium and follow any instructions from museum staff. Entering and exiting will be controlled.
• Please take advantage of the wall-mounted touchless hand sanitizer dispensers located in all restrooms and the freestanding dispensers located throughout the building.
• No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
• Café Modern is temporarily closed.