- Saturday January 02, 2016 3:00 PM
- Saturday January 02, 2016 5:00 PM
- Sunday January 03, 2016 12:00 PM
- Sunday January 03, 2016 2:00 PM
- Sunday January 03, 2016 4:00 PM
“Wise beyond its years, like the teenage protagonist Gelsomina, Le Meraviglie (The Wonders) is a wistful but no-tears swan song recounting the disappearance of traditional rural lifestyle in Italy.” Deborah Young, Hollywood Reporter.
The Wonders offers a charming coming-of-age tale that doubles as a quietly effective tribute to a vanishing way of life.
110 minutes; Italian with English subtitles
Magnolia at the Modern is an ongoing series featuring critically acclaimed films. Tickets are $9; $7 for Modern members; $6 for Reel People. The Sunday noon show time is half price. Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.